Updated Graph

After getting noisy results from the first run. I rexamined the algorithm I wrote and found some bugs and also some interesting artifacts in the data. After fixing the bugs and adding a new rule to exclude images where the centroids between different bands are more than 8 pixels away. The new color profiles look like this:

disk-profile sph-profile

There is a considerable amount of noise just after 5 effective radaii in the spheroid profile. If we look at the histogram for that radial bin of values we see that there is a single outlier causing the problem:

sph-bin-j sph-bin-v sph-bin-z

To remove that outlier I added a new rule to exclude sources where the absolute value of the color ratio value is greater than 10. With that new condition we get the following new spheroid profile:

sph-profile-improved

We then train a GP on the data from which here are the mean values:

sph-mean-gp disk-mean-gp

The sudden rise in the z band nearing 5 times the effective radius is peculiar but fits the measured data that was used for the GP. However I think that this probably an artifact of noise or other sources as we are pretty far out from the original source in the image by 5 times the effective radius.

If we take the synthetic images from the last post that were samples drawn from GP trained on data in the H band and then apply the ratios from the new GP we get the following results.

synth-disk

disk-other-bands

synth-sph

sph-other-bands

Further Thoughts

The effects of the odd trend in the disk GP to an increase in intesity at 5 effective radaii makes the images less than believable. I am not sure whether the data should be reexamined or if just some constraints should be placed when we draw samples from the process to ensure realistic images.